OK, Like I said before I am celebrating those little teeny weeny baby steps in the right direction.
This week so far:
- I am not going back for seconds.
- I am eating smaller portions.
- I am blogging. (yeah)
- I am not in denial.
- Even though my dog barfed at 4:30 in the morning, waking me up. My house is a complete disaster (no clean laundry, messy, messy, messy.) And the rest of life is kicking my butt off and on this week. I still managed to cook a meal each night that was full of vegetables and was not picked up from a drive-thru.
- I have not said....WTF....excuse my french, and eaten an entire box of cookies or some other sweet carb.
- I did not eat one of the Bee-Bell Bakery Cinnamon buns that my husband brought home.
- I did one walk (not as many as I had intended) but more importantly I did not inwardly BEAT myself up for not doing exactly what I said I was going to do and then give up.
- I called my Life Line friend - Diane you know who you are.
- And finally a huge deal for me - when I have that little twingy feeling of hunger I keep telling myself. "That little slight uncomfortable feeling that is so new to you is actually you meeting your goals and making excellent progress. It is a GOOD thing!"
So life is good. I am grateful for small miracles.
My good friend Diane told me a good way to look at all of this healthy journey is not as "Mistakes" when a person messes up but as "practice". Isn't that true about all of life we don't fail we are just here to learn and mistakes are part of the journey. Thanks Diane!