Life keeps tripping me up and happening at one million miles an hour and I keep thinking when things slow down I will blog. When I get a moment I will really work on myself and losing this weight. Guess what "THIS IS IT!" "The time is NOW!" and no I am not yelling at myself or anyone else just emphasizing this fact.
So moving forward. I am committing to focus on my weight loss journey and my "get healthy" journey. I need to. I feel really crappy about my weight gain (see weight stats). I don't want to keep using food to tune out and fill my anxiety.
Oh, ya forward! I am using the "Spark People" website to track my food. I am sticking to 1500-1600 calories per day. I am journalling to stop my emotional eating. I also have my friend Diane on speed dial. And basically I am putting in effort to prepare and cook healthy food.
I will blog most nights before bed. I used to be an early morning blogger and it worked great for me but ever since I have started working full time I have never found the "right" time to get everything down. So I will try before bed.
I am reading Marianne Williamson's book "A Course in Weight Loss" and going to be going through the lessons in each chapter.
I am committing to walking 40-60min each day - building up to running. I am doing strengthtraining 3 times a week.
This is a botanical park where I walk sometimes and this is my official before (spring time) photo. I thought it would be neat to take some progressive photos. It is a good hike to get there so it is some inspiration for walking.
I am most importantly stopping the denial that somehow this weight will come off without me working at it. Ya, no that is not how it works. I know that.
I will not give up. Through set backs and obstacles and changes and challenges I will get back up and keep going.
Some points that I need to remember:
- be prepared with proper healthy food. Grocery buying, prepping, cooking. It doesn't happen by itself!
- focus on Eating Right and Exercises as the two most important things in my life right now. ie: if the laundry doesn't get done on time...oh well.
- do not lose sight of my goals.
- remember I am not alone, God is here to help me and I have amazing friends and family
- stay the course - do not not give up
- do not use food as a comfort, do not eat my emotions
- every little small effort in the right direction to my goal is a success. ie: lose the all or nothing thinking.
- if I fail or make a mistake - get right back up immediately and know it is OK. We all make mistakes. We are on this earth to learn.
- know that this journey is a learning experience and it is joyful not a struggle or a downer. It is an exciting adventure full of promise.
So that is the plan. I will blog about all the fun details. And I will enjoy this process!
Note to self - Please RE-READ again this post if having a bad day! And then RE-READ again!!